These white chocolate covered Oreo Thins are a quick and easy treat for Valentine’s Day that everyone will love!
I’ve been meaning to share this treat with you guys for a while, my apologies for just now getting around to it! January was a crazy month for our family. Our schedules changed considerably with me now staying at home with the baby and the family took turns being sick all month – such fun!
Now with February here and I’m starting to get into the swing of things with our my schedule, I’m finally getting around to writing this post! Plus this it’s great timing with Valentine’s Day just around the corner! These are such an easy, but totally yummy treat. I came home one day in December to a little bag of goodies on our front porch! Our lovely neighbors had gifted us some yummy chocolate covered Oreos! Let’s just say they didn’t last long between Kevin and I. Who would have thought that something so simple, chocolate + Oreos could turn out to be so addicting!
I changed these up a little by using the new Oreo Thins, the mint version. Have you seen these at the store yet? The cookie is much thinner than that of a usual Oreo, making them only 35 calories a piece! Although thinner, they are just as tasty as the original and I feel soon much better about snacking on one or five 🙂
I simply took some white chocolate candy melts, melted them and then dipped the oreos in it. After a quick chill in the refrigerator, they’re ready to eat!
- 15 Oreo Thins (regular or mint variety)
- 1 cup white chocolate Candy Melts
- Place some parchment paper on a jelly roll pan
- Put the candy melts in a bowl and melt in the microwave. Mine took 1.5 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir.
- Dip the Oreos in the melted candy coating. Lift them out of the chocolate using a fork. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl a few times so any excess chocolate falls off.
- Place the dipped Oreo on the parchment paper and continue for the other 14 Oreos.
- When you are finished dipping all the oreos, place the jelly roll pan in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes for them to harden.