Hello and welcome to Made by Melissa Lee! I’m so excited to be starting this journey of food blogging with you! Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve loved everything food related. When I’m on the internet, I’m looking up recipes. When I’m in the car, I’m looking at local restaurants and thinking about which one to go to next. When I’m at the grocery store, I’m looking for new products to try and when I’m at home with some free time on my hands, I’m in the kitchen whipping up something tasty to eat!
What’s my food style and what can you expect on this website, you might ask? Well, as mentioned above, I love food and will pretty much eat anything and make anything. While I overall try to eat pretty healthy, I subscribe to the 80:20 rule with food, eating mostly healthy foods 80% of the time and giving myself some flexibility with the other 20%. If you know me, you know I have a major sweet tooth, so I take full use of that extra 20%! I also love trying out foods from all different cultures, whether it be as simple as Italian spaghetti or a little more involved like Indian Tikka Masala. My husband can put away more chips and salsa than anyone I know, so there will be a fair amount of Mexican recipes too! You’ll find a mix of everything on here and I can’t wait to start sharing some of my favorite recipes with you!
Stay tuned for my upcoming first few posts about one of my favorite meals, breakfast!