These Veggie & Cream Cheese Pinwheels are a fun and easy appetizer that’ll be a fan favorite at your next get together!
Everyone knows about crescent roll veggie pizza, right? It’s one of my family’s favorite appetizers when we have a party. Plus it’s super easy to make, which is nice when you have a lot of recipes to make for a large get together.
These Veggie & Cream Cheese Pinwheels are a fun take on this classic appetizer. However, I’m making it even easier on you. By using tortillas instead of the baked crescent roll crust, we’ve removed one step of the original recipe. During the holidays when it seems like my kitchen is running 24 hours/day, recipes like this are such a lifesaver!
To start out you’ll need to make the flavored cream cheese by adding mayo, dill and garlic powder to 1 block of cream cheese. I like the 1/3 less fat version. I wouldn’t recommend the fat free version. I know it’s the holidays and people are still trying to cut calories when they can, but most fat free products I’ve tried (cream cheese included) are just not very good, plain and simple.
After making your flavored cream cheese, spread some onto a tortilla and top with the veggies. If you want to use different veggies, that totally works too. I used the same ones as in my crescent roll veggie pizza, but any kind will work here. You could even do a red and green theme for Christmas – thinking red or green peppers, green onion, broccoli, radishes, you get the idea.
After spreading on the veggies, roll up the tortillas into a cylinder, wrap up with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour. Before serving, cut the cylinders into 1″ slices to look like little pinwheels. Super easy and super cute! I like recipes like this 🙂
If you’re looking for a quick holiday appetizer for all of the many parties this time of the year, this is a good one to try! It’s quick and easy to make and a little healthier than a lot of other party foods out there! Enjoy!
- 1 (8 oz) block ⅓ less fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbs. light mayo (or sour cream or greek yogurt)
- ¾ tsp. dill weed
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4-5 whole wheat tortillas
- Stir together the cream cheese, mayo, dill and garlic powder
- On a cutting board, lay out a tortilla and spread on some of the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle on the carrots, pepper and broccoli. Tightly roll up the tortilla. Repeat process with remaining tortillas. Wrap them in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- After an hour, remove tortillas and slice them in 1-1½ inch pieces. Reserve end pieces to snack on for later.
- Serve and enjoy!