Do you need another summer side dish for those final seasonal get togethers? This is a great recipe to make this time of the year, especially when corn’s 10 for $1, like it was the other week at our grocery store. Not to mention it’s also tastes super fresh and is a dish you can feel good about eating! We brought it along to a retirement party for my dad last weekend. It was quick to put together and I could make most of it the night before, just adding the tomato and feta right before serving the next day. Don’t you just love recipes like that? With little Emily, these days I’m always looking for recipes like this and will definitely store it in my “keepers” folder when next summer rolls around. I hope you enjoy your final weeks of summer weather and give this recipe a try before fall rolls in!
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ tsp. slt
- 4 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 ears corn, shucked and corn removed from cobs
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup feta cheese
- In a small bowl,combine the lime juice, salt and 3 tsp. (1 Tablespoon) olive oil, set aside
- In a large pan over medium high heat, saute the corn in remaining 1 tsp. olive oil, under tender and just starting to slightly brown.
- Put the corn in a large bowl, add remaining vegetables: cherry tomatoes, cucumber and red onion.
- Pour dressing and stir to combine.
- Add feta cheese and serve