These family favorite Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches are a quick, easy and delicious way to start any morning!
This is one of my favorite, quick go-to recipes for the weekend, when I want something a little more substantial than toast, but don’t have a lot of time for anything too fussy. I’m not sure I’d even really call this a “recipe.” It’s more like foods you can easily put together to have an awesome morning! but that’s a little bit of a long-winded recipe title…
This sandwich only takes a few minutes to make and is loads healthier (and cheaper) than one of those fast-food chain breakfast sandwiches. Plus, they must be pretty good if you consider the fact they include a veggie sausage patty and my meat-loving husband regularly requests them for breakfast or sometimes even dinner! Quick and easy to make and the hubby loves them = recipe success!
I hope you and your family enjoy these quick and easy breakfast sandwiches as much as we do!
- 2 English muffins, toasted
- 2 eggs, fried over hard
- 2 cheese slices (whatever kind you want)
- 2 Morningstar Farms sausage patties
- Optional: ketchup, hot sauce
- Split the english muffin in half and toast it
- Cook the egg to your liking. I happen to like my eggs cooked over-hard, so it's not runny, but if you happen to like your egg a little softer, feel free to make it that way.
- While the egg is cooking, microwave the sausage patty. I microwave mine for 30 seconds, flip it over and do 30 seconds more.
- Once the english muffin, egg and sausage patty are cooked, I take the english muffin bottom and squirt on some ketchup and Franks hot sauce. I then layer on the egg, cheese and then top with the sausage patty and muffin top.