These easy to make Red, White and Blueberry Rice Krispie Squares are an upgraded, patriotic treat based on one of your childhood favorites!
Did you like Rice Krispie treats as a child?
My mom would make them pretty often, probably because they were so quick and easy to pull together. Even though I ate my fair share of them growing up, I’m usually not much of a fan today.
Often I feel like they’re just missing something and a little too plain for me. Enter my kicked up version of this childhood staple: Red, White and Blueberry Rice Krispie Squares!
This is a fun and simple take on the traditional treat. What I used to be pretty ho-hum about, I now say “yes, please!” The addition of freeze dried strawberries, blueberries and white chocolate chips just give them that little something extra that has me hooked!
Plus, they’re the perfect treat for the upcoming holiday weekend, right? Now, I’m not going to try and say these are healthy because of the addition of fruit, but they do up the health factor the tiniest bit. Although, I’m sure the white chocolate chips just negates that whole thing… oh well, you win some, you lose some!
You make these treats the same ways a the traditional version, just adding the dried strawberries, blueberries and white chocolate chips in at the end. They’re such an easy treat to whip up, yet are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Plus with Labor Day just around the corner, they would definitely add a little patriotic touch to your dessert table, don’t you think?
If you’re looking for something quick and easy to whip up, with just a touch of nostalgia, these Red, White and Blueberry Rice Krispie Squares are just what you’re looking for. Make them today and I’m sure they’ll be a total hit with whoever tries them 🙂
- 6 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 (10 oz) package mini marshmallows
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup (heaping) dried strawberries*
- ½ cup (heaping) dried blueberries*
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Line a 9" pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside
- Place a large pot over medium heat. Add the butter and melt, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, followed by the rice cereal.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips, followed by the dried strawberries and blueberries
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and lightly press down lightly.
- Let mixture cool completely before cutting into squares.
*Recipe adapted from Food Network