This red hot popcorn recipe is the perfect gift giving sweet treat for Valentine’s Day!
I can’t believe Valentine’s Day is right around the corner? Can you? It seems like the year is already flying by! How is that possible?
I happen to love Valentine’s Day! If you don’t know me well, I have a major sweet tooth so any holiday centered around sugary candy gets an “A+” in my book! Plus this one is always special because I love getting mushy about those I love 🙂 Kevin may not be a fan of this so called “Hallmark holiday” but I love having extra reasons to celebrate with the people I care about! What wrong with that, right?
If you’re still in the need for some homemade sweets for the big day coming up on Sunday (Kevin, if you’re reading this, it’s this Sunday, as in 5 days away…), this red hot popcorn recipe is just what you need! It’s super quick and easy to whip up! Plus if you need to give out some sugary sweets to multiple people, one batch makes six cups, which is enough for a few lucky recipients! I suggest you double the recipe and make some extra friends this year!
- 6 cups popcorn, popped
- ½ cup red hot candies
- ¼ cup water
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Place a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, add the red hots and water. Stir over medium heat until the candy melts. This took about 10 minutes.
- Once the candy has completed melted, pour over the popcorn and stir so all of the popcorn is coated. Be careful because the candy mixture will be very hot!
- Once coated, dump the mixture on your prepared jelly roll pan. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven to cool and then enjoy!
*Recipe adapted from Taste and Tell