This Quick and Easy Taco Quiche is the perfect meal for Taco Tuesday when you’re short on time, but need a meal the whole family will love!
Do you ever have something in your pantry you used for one recipe and it’s now just sitting there, gathering dust? If you’re like me, I have several and it drives me crazy! I feel like it’s staring at me every time I open the pantry saying “yep, you bought me for one thing and now I’m just sitting here, going to waste!” Am I the only one who feels this way? I sure hope not!
The number one item in my pantry currently doing this is a box of Bisquick. I bought it for a recipe a few months ago and now it’s just sitting there, giving me the evil eye. I’m not always a fan of pre-made mixes, but sometimes I have to cut myself a break and give-in! Side note – That’s one lesson I’ve learned as a new mom. I don’t have to make everything from scratch and it’s okay to sometimes use short-cuts to get dinner on the table. Anyway, back to the recipe. I came across this recipe on Betty Crocker and knew it was just the recipe for us! It incorporated some meat for Kevin, used Bisquick and I had most of the other recipe ingredients on hand – winner winner chicken (or ground turkey) dinner! It was super easy to put together and tasted close to a crustless quiche, just with a little extra “heft” due to the added Bisquick. We loved the seasoned ground turkey and by topping it with a few veggies, salsa and hot sauce, it reminded me of our favorite enchiladas. This will be a recipe we make again and I’m excited to try out some different variations. Give this recipe a try next time you have a hectic evening, you’ll get dinner on the table in a snap and you won’t be sorry!
- 1 Tbs. oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or my homemade version, link below)
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Bisquick
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- chopped lettuce, diced tomato and sliced green onion, salsa, hot sauce, for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9" pie plate with cooking spray.
- Place a large pan over medium heat on your stove. Add the oil and let heat for 1 minute. Add the ground turkey and onion. Cook until no longer pink, stirring frequently to break up the turkey.
- Once the turkey is cooked through, pour it into the prepared pie dish. Spread the diced chilies on top.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and eggs. Add in the Bisquick and whisk until combined. Pour on top of the meat and veggies.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Spread the shredded cheese on top and bake for 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Top with the lettuce, tomato, green onion, salsa and hot sauce.
You can find my homemade version of taco seasoning here