For the first day of Fall I thought I’d share a fun snack mix recipe. We love quick and easy snack mixes like this. I often make something like this when we’re going on a road trip so we have something munch on along the way and once we’ve arrived. This is the perfect mix to take along on your fall adventures like apple picking or visiting a pumpkin patch. The sugar and spice combo on this one will keep you coming back for more. It’s hard to stop after one handful. Package this mix up in little baggies, tie on a cute bow and you’ve got fall favors for all of your friends.
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups wheat chex cereal
- 3 cups mini pretzles
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup cinnamon graham cracker sticks
- Lay a large piece of aluminum foil on the counter
- Melt the butter in a small microwavable bowl, which takes about 30 seconds. Set aside. Put the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a separate bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large microwavable bowl, add the chex cereal and pretzels
- Pour the melted butter over the cereal mixture and stir to coat all of the pieces.
- Then pour over the brown sugar mixture and stir well so all of the cereal and pretzels are covered.
- Microwave the mixture for a total of 4 minutes, stopping after each minute to stir. When there is one minute left, add the pecans and graham cracker sticks.
- Once done, dump the mixture on the aluminum foil to cool.