Packed full of good-for-you veggies and a tang of Italian dressing, this will quickly become your go-to pasta salad for all of your summer get togethers!
Do you have a picnic, potluck or family gathering coming up?
If you’re anything like my family, it seems like we have something every weekend during the summer months! While I love getting together with friends and family during this one, sometimes I’m just at a loss of what to bring. I always have so many recipe ideas in my head, but this is one f my favorite go-to side dishes for any type of gathering.
This Picnic Pasta Salad is 1. Easy 2. Quick and 3. Liked by everyone! Generally if a recipe has these three qualities, it’s a keeper in my books! This is actually one of my husbands recipes, so kudos to Kevin on this one! The great thing about this recipe too is that you can easily add or delete ingredients to suit everyone’s tastes. This is just our favorite combo, but feel free to add some of your favorite ingredients to make it your own!
I hope this side dish becomes a go-to recipe for your next cookout!
- 1 (12 oz) box of tricolor pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 head broccoli, broken into tiny florets
- 1 pepper, diced (red, yellow or green)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, diced
- ½ cup pepperoni, cut in half
- 1 (4 oz) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 - 1½ cups Wishbone Robusto Italian dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and run cool water over
- While pasta is cooking, put all other ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine
- When pasta has been cooled, add it to the other ingredients and toss to combine. I start with 1 cup of dressing and add more as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours before serving to help dressing infuse all ingredients