This Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese is a fun and different way to enjoy one of our favorites foods on pizza night!
Ah, grilled cheese… such a reminder of childhood, right?
It was a weekly staple for my sister and I, who were somewhat picky eaters. I still vividly remember my mom taking out the clunky countertop skillet and frying up toasted cheese sandwiches for us. Nothing would do but two slices of white bread and a Kraft single.
These days I honestly still love that plain Jane grilled cheese, but sometimes I like to change things up a bit. This is where my Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese comes into play!
We love pizza around here, especially Kevin. If we don’t have any dough defrosted, he’ll make it on French bread, flat bread, pita bread or a tortilla. As long as we have sauce, cheese and pepperoni in the house, when a pizza craving hits he’ll figure out how to make one. Let’s just call him the MacGyver of pizza 🙂
This sandwich, however, was my own creation and has quickly become a family favorite. It takes considerably less time than making regular pizza and comes in a nice single-serving portion vs. our usual 14″ pizza. No chance of me saying “just one more slice” with this one, thankfully!
It’s super easy to make and even without instructions below, I’m sure you could figure out how to make it. Simply start with some bread and layer on the cheese, pepperoni and Italian seasoning. Cook as usual for grilled cheese and once finished, serve with pizza sauce on the side. Super easy, right?
Friday night pizza night just got a new favorite, don’t you think? The next time a pizza craving hits, give this version a try! It’ll become a new family favorite in your house, just like it has in ours! Enjoy!
- 8 slices bread
- butter, for buttering bread
- 8 slices thin-sliced provolone cheese
- 24 pepperoni slices
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning, optional
- pizza sauce, for serving
- Lay out the bread slices and butter one side of each one.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Lay four slices of bread, buttered side down on the skillet. Top each with 1 slice cheese and a dash of Italian seasoning. Layer 6 pepperonis on top of the cheese and then top with another slice of cheese cheese. Finish with the final 4 slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Keep an eye on them as your stove or skillet may cook faster or slower than mine. After the first side is brown, flip to cook the other for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet and serve with a side of pizza sauce.