With it’s graham cracker crust and smooth, fluffy filling, this Peanut Butter Cream Pie will be the next hit to come out of your kitchen!
For my final recipe for Southern Foods Week, I’m going with a Peanut Butter Cream Pie. Sorry, did I just derail everyone’s diet for the week? I don’t think you’ll mind too much once you try it. It’s absolutely heavenly and honestly, just a few bites will satisfy any sweet tooth.
This recipe has been adapted from a tiny cookbook I bought while on vacation. I’m a total sucker for cookbooks. I rarely let myself by them these days, preferring to just borrow them from our local library. This, however, was a treat because we were on vacation and I knew I wouldn’t be able to get it at the library. For $6 I consider it a shopping win 🙂
This recipe happened to stick out to me because it’s from Poogan’s Porch, a restaurant we visited in Charleston. We didn’t try the peanut butter pie while we were there, because we were so stuffed from our meal! I had the pimento cheese b.l.t. — so so good! Since coming home, I’ve used my recent pimento cheese recipe to make one. One word to sum up that number – yum!
This pie is really easy to make. It starts with a graham cracker crust. The recipe below goes over making one from scratch, but if you’re in a pinch you can definitely buy one pre-made from the store. Shhh…. I won’t tell anyone, wink 🙂
After making and baking your crust, move onto the filling. Once agin, super easy. In a mixing bowl, combine together cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners sugar and then fold in some cool whip. Pour this into your baked crust, top with additional cool whip and you’re done! If you want to up the presentation factor a smidge, you can top with mini peanut butter cookies 🙂
If you’re looking to win over your guests next time you have people over, this dessert will surely do it!
- 8 whole graham crackers
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz) block ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup confectioners sugar
- 8 oz (1 small container) cup cool whip, thawed
- 4 oz. cool whip, thawed
- 8 mini peanut butter cookies (like mini Nutter Butters)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9" pie pan lightly with cooking spray
- In a food processor combine graham crackers and sugar, pulse until it turns into crumbs. Pulse in the melted butter. Pour into prepared pie dish and push against the bottom and up sides of the pan. Make sure it's well compacted or it'll crumble when you slice the pie.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, remove from oven and set aside to cool
- To make the filling, place the cream cheese and peanut butter in the bowl of your standing mixer and mix until combined. Add in the confectioners sugar.
- Remove the bowl from mixer stand and fold in the thawed cool whip. Once well combined, pour into the cooled graham cracker crust.
- Top the finished pie with ½ container (4 oz) cool whip. If desired, add mini peanut butter cookies around the outside edge.
*This recipe has been adapted from A Taste of Charleston South Carolina