Crispy, crunchy with a flavorful Italian seasoning, these potatoes are going to be your new favorite side dish.
Our family loves potatoes! How about yours? This dish is a quick side for so many different types of meals and cuisines. They go just as well with grilled chicken for dinner as with scrambled eggs for breakfast. Plus they’re easy to prep and have almost no clean up. What isn’t to love about that?
This recipe starts off with your every day russet “baking” potato. Simply dice the potatoes, throw them in a zip lock bag with oil and spices, shake it around and dump onto an aluminum lined baking sheet and let the oven to the rest. It doesn’t get easier than that, am I right?? Come on, you know I am 🙂 The little potato pieces roast up nice and golden brown, with a crisp exterior and creamy interior. Simply Delicious with a capital “D!” Give these little beauties a try for your next meal and see for yourself!
Italian Roasted Potatoes
- 2 Russet Potatoes, scrubbed, washed and cut into 1" dice (about 1.5 lbs)
- 2 Tbs. oil
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Cover a large jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large zip lock bag add the diced potatoes, oil, salt and seasonings. Mix well so all potatoes pieces are coated with the oil mixture.
- Dump the potatoes on the baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes, flipping potatoes every 10 minutes so all sides get good and toasty brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.