I’m absolutely in love with this new cookie recipe and soon you will be too! It’s not only quick and easy to make, but has gotten stellar reviews from everyone who’s tried it.
It was the photo on Averie Cooks, which initially caught my eye and then I saw it, two of my favorite words when it comes to baking: melted butter. What? Why, melted butter, you might ask? Well, it comes down to this. I can be some-what scatter brained and when you add in a 3-month old, this tends to double or triple in magnitude. I often have the idea to do some baking only to find when it comes down to start, the recipe calls for softened butter, which I haven’t even thought to do! With limited time to bake as a new mommy, I need all the time savers I can get and melted butter is one of those things. Once I saw those two magic words, I knew this recipe would be one I liked! Considering I’ve already made it two times in the past two weeks, I’d say my initial observation was correct!
Now don’t get me wrong, using melted butter was what hooked me in making this recipe the first time, but I’ve made it twice now because it is sooooooo good! It has a crispy outer edge and a slightly under baked center, satisfying these two separate cookie-lover camps. I happen to like serving them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, which makes the under baked center even gooey-er! Try this recipe out. I promise it’ll quickly become a go-to dessert recipe for you after just one try!
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1⅓ cups all purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 9" pie pan with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a small microwavable bowl. Set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes. Whisk in the egg and then vanilla.
- While the butter is cooling, combine both sugars in a medium-large mixing bowl. Add the butter mixture and whisk until combined.
- Add in the flour and salt and stir with a spatula or spoon until no streaks of flour remain.
- Add in the chocolate chips
- Pour into the prepared pie dish and bake for about 28-30 minutes. Edges should be slightly browned and center still a little soft.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream and prepared to be impressed!