These Game Day Chicken Nachos, full of veggies, cheddar cheese and diced chicken are sure to be a touchdown recipe for your next college football viewing party!
Snacks and watching college football just go hand and hand, right? They do for me, at least. While I definitely don’t mind watching some college football, sometimes a full day is a bit much. These Game Day Chicken Nachos gives me something fun to prepare and then promptly devour when Kevin’s got the TV on for full day of football watching.
Are you a football fan? When you live in Central Ohio it’s hard to not be an Ohio State Buckeye fan (or maybe a Miami Redhawks fan? anyone??). Everywhere you go, you see the scarlet and grey. Even when we were in South Carolina in July we saw Ohio State fans everywhere and my husband enthusiastically answered “I-O” to every cheer of “O-H” we heard 🙂
When the TV’s tuned to the Buckeyes on Saturday afternoons, I like to whip up fun snacks. Our kitchen and family room are connected, so I can still be part of the action and hear what’s going on while having my own fun in the kitchen.
These nachos are really quick and easy to make if you actually want to watch the entire game, which I’m sure some people like to do 🙂
Start off by spreading your tortilla chips in a 9×13 dish. Make sure they’re overlapping some. You can use whatever kind of chips you prefer, but my favorite are multigrain. Then layer on your toppings and finish with a hefty dose of cheddar cheese before baking.
You can really use whatever toppings you want. This recipes shows one of my favorite combinations. Just one word of caution. If you use a lot of toppings, especially wetter ones, like tomatoes, your nachos can become watery. These toppings are best to add at the end, after baking. Other than that, feel free to add different toppings with abandon. After baking, you can drizzle on sour cream, salsa or guacamole if you really want to get “fancy!”
If you’re cheering on your favorite football team this Saturday, these Game Day Chicken Nachos would be the perfect treat to make while you cheer your team on to victory!
- ½ bag tortilla chips (I used multi-grain)
- ½ cup diced chicken
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup corn (thawed if frozen)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños
- After baking: diced tomato, sliced green onion, cilantro
- For serving: salsa, guacamole, sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour chips into a 9x13 baking dish and spread out to cover the whole dish. Top with chicken, black beans and corn followed by cheese and jalapeños.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Add additional toppings such as tomatoes, cilantro or diced green onion to serve.