What better way to serve fresh fruit, than with this sassy and sweet cranberry fruit dip!
This has been my go-to fruit dip for years! My apologies for just now getting around to sharing it with you. It’s super quick and easy to throw together and can be made well ahead of when you want to serve it. Make ahead dishes are such a life-saver, right? I always try to have at least one healthy alternative when we have people over and this is often my choice! If you’re watching your diet, just a little bit of this dip will add some jazz to the fruit, without adding a million calories. I like to use light versions of the cream cheese and cool whip, which I don’t find sacrifices any of the flavor.
All you need to do is mix together some cream cheese and cranberry sauce and then fold in cool whip, to give it some fluffiness! My favorite fruits to eat this with are apples and grapes, but it would go well with lots of others too! With Spring approaching, this recipe is sure to sweeten up any party food line-up!
- 4 oz light cream cheese, softened*
- ½ cup (about ½ a small can) cranberry sauce (whole berry or regular)**
- 4 oz. (1/2 small container) light cool whip
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and cranberry sauce until combined.
- Fold in the cool whip and serve with fresh fruit
**If you really want to amp up the cranberry flavor, you can definitely add more cranberry sauce
Recipe adapted from Kraft Foods