This simple classic guacamole recipe is a super easy and tasty side dish to serve to serve with chips or veggies at your next summer BBQ!
I’ve probably mentioned Kevin’s love for chips and salsa a few times, right? I already have two tomato salsa recipes on the blog (here and here) yet not one for guacamole! How could I over look this most beloved dip for tortilla chips? My sincere apologies for taking so long to share one of our favorite guacamole recipes!
Avocados are totally the new cool food these days, right? I mean, left and right my Instagram feed is blowing up with avocado toasts (total heaven), smoothies, popsicles and the list could go on and on. I love how these “good fats” are so in right now because I loooove avocado. There’s just something about the creaminess and subtle flavor that gets me every darn time.
Plus now that Emily’s eating regular foods, avocado is now on my weekly grocery list. We pick up at least two each week because she loves avocado (especially on toast!) as much as me. Like mother, like daughter 🙂
This guacamole is super quick and easy to make, like most of my recipes 🙂 Once you mash the avocados to your desired consistency (we like it a little on the chunky side) just add in some chopped red onion, a sprinkle of lime juice and salt and you’re done! It’s super easy to make and such a great side to serve with chips or even veggies at your next Summer BBQ!
- 4 Avocados, peeled and pits removed
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- 4 Tbs lime juiced (1/2-1 lime)
- ½ tsp. salt
- Place the avocado in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork until it reaches your desired consistency. I tend to leave it a little on the chunky side.
- Stir in the red onion, lime juice and salt. Add additional lime juice and salt, if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips or veggies!