If you’re looking for a classic banana bread recipe, search no further because this recipe is here to save the day!
I’m always on the hunt for the perfect recipe. You know what I’m talking about, right? It’s the recipe for rice, chicken, or whatever that’s “the one” and your go-to when you want that dish, knowing it will 100% turn out great every time! I have some of these recipes in my arsenal like my ones for baked white or brown rice, but the search for the PERFECT banana bread has alluded me for many many years, until now! I have finally found THE ONE! Oh happy day 🙂
This recipe makes the most perfect, classic banana bread I’ve had. It’s moist and tender and full of fresh banana flavor, without any fancy ingredient additions. Not that there’s anything wrong with mix-ins, I generally love them (!!) but sometimes there’s nothing better than a classic. This recipe is case in point – pure and simple – just what I’ve been looking for.
If you’re looking for the perfect banana bread recipe, look no further, I’ve finally found it and will be hanging onto this one for many years to come. Try it out and you can thank me later 🙂
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt (I used light)
- 3 Tbs. milk (I used 2%)
- 1½ cups mashed banana (about 2-3)
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Then add the eggs, vanilla, yogurt and milk, until combined. Stir in the mashed banana.
- Remove the bowl from the standing mixer and carefully stir in the flour, baking soda and salt, making sure not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven to a wire cooling rack. Let the banana bread rest in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove to cool completely on the rack.
*Recipe adapted from Cooking Light Comfort Food