Who here still has some holiday baking left to do? Well, if you’re someone who does, I’ve got a quick and easy holiday treat for you! Chocolate and peppermint pretzel rods! Not only are they quick and easy (love!), but honestly, how cute are they?? I love giving out food gifts around the holiday season. It’s one of the many ways I show how I care about my friends and family 🙂 One of my food gift “rules” is that it has to look good! I’m very picky about what I give out and if it just doesn’t look appetizing (even if it tastes great!) it stays at home, where my husband happily eats it 🙂 I love how festive these treats look and it takes zero (repeat after me, zero!) skill to make them look great!
- 13 Pretzel Rods, broken in ½ to make 26 rods
- 1 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1-2 tsp. shortening, as needed
- 1 cup peppermint pieces
- Prepare a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave, stirring everything 30 seconds, until melted, about 2 minutes. Do not over cook or chocolate will seize. Mix in 1-2 tsp. of shortening as needed, to make chocolate smoother.
- Dip pretzel rods in melted chocolate, almost to the top, with the broken side down and getting coated.
- Place on the wax paper and sprinkle peppermint candy on top of melted chocolate.
- Place cookie sheet in the refrigerator for the chocolate to harden.