These tasty little Baked Sweet Potato Bites are a super quick side dish to help you get dinner (or even breakfast!) on the table in a snap!
I have totally fallen in love with sweet potatoes lately. Anywhere I normally use a regular potato, I’ve been substituting with a sweet potato. I’ve been making them baked whole (microwave or oven), mashed and my new favorite, baked in tiny bite-size pieces. I got the idea when making these Italian roasted potatoes. I figured if I could do it with regular potatoes, why not with sweet potatoes, right?
These little babies only need to be diced, drizzled with olive oil and then baked in the oven for about 25 minutes and voila! a quick and easy (healthy too) side dish is complete!
These are great for breakfast or dinner. You could easily add different spices depending on what else you’re serving. For Mexican, I might add some cumin and chili powder. For Italian, add a little Italian seasoning. If you want something a little sweeter, you could add a little cinnamon, ginger and brown sugar! So versatile, right?
If you want to get an A+ in planning ahead, you could even dice these the night before and put in a covered bowl or zip lock bag for an even quicker side dish the next day! I’m not always this on top of things, but when I have time and remember, this is my go-to method!
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 lbs) diced into 1" pieces
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- pinch, salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Line 2 jelly roll pans with parchment paper (not wax paper, which will burn!)
- Wash and dry the whole sweet potatoes. Dice them into 1" bites.
- Place them on the prepared jelly roll pans and drizzle with the olive oil and salt/peper, toss to coat. Make sure they are in one layer so the sides get crispy.
- Place in the pre-heated oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until they've crisped up. Flip them over after 15 minutes.
- Once crispy, remove from the oven and serve warm!