These apples baked in cinnamon caramel syrup taste just like apple pie without
the hassle of actually making a pie.
When the nights turn cold and you need something to warm you up, this is the perfect dessert to make. It’s quick and easy and I feel every so slightly better about enjoying it since the main component is fruit, at least this is what my sweet tooth tells me 🙂 It tastes just like the filling in an apple pie, just with a little more caramel, gooey goodness. Nothing wrong with that, am I right? Plus there’s no work involved to make a pie crust, which is great for a weeknight or when you don’t have time to make a full pie. Feel free to add a little (or big!) scoop of ice cream to top it off if you want to make it extra fancy and celebrate this beautiful season.
- 4 granny smith apples, cored, peeled and sliced into 12 pieces
- ¾ cup water
- 1 Tbs. flour
- 1 Tbs.cornstarch
- 1 Tbs. butter, melted
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange the apple slices in an 8x8 inch (or similar sized) baking dish
- Whisk together the water, flour and cornstarch. Then stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour sugar mixture over the apples and stir so all of the apples are coated.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once the apples are softened and caramel has thickened. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve.