Are you looking for a healthy side dish to go with all of your lightened up meals? Look no further because this baked brown rice is just what you need!
I posted my go-to baked white rice recipe last month, but I know many of you prefer brown rice!
Brown rice can be a little trickier to cook because it hasn’t been processed like white rice. However, once I found this baked brown rice recipe, it’s been a dinner time staple and I’ve never looked back. Just like my baked white rice, this rice can be enjoyed plain or with mix-ins. Being healthy never tasted so good 🙂
The process to make this is very similar to my white rice version. Although it takes an hour to bake, the actual hands on part is minimal. This rice is great as left overs and like my oven baked white rice, can be frozen for quick go-to meals later on.
If you have some extra time and oven space, I encourage you to make a few batches at a time to freeze and get a jump start on dinner for those busy weeks!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- pinch, salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the rice to a 2 quart oven-safe baking dish.
- Put the water, salt and pepper in a small pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Once it boils, remove it from the stove and pour into the dish with rice in it. Stir to combine.
- Place foil over the dish and crimp sides so steam cannot escape. Bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes. Remove the foil (be careful of the hot steam!), fluff and serve.
Here are a few recipes, which this rice would be perfect for: