Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is one of my favorite grocery stores. Read on to find out the top 10 reasons why!
Do you have a Fresh Thyme Farmers Market near you? If you live in Columbus, we are lucky to have three of them! Without a doubt, they are one of my favorite grocery stores. If you haven’t yet been to one, I definitely suggest a trip.
There are so many reasons why I love their store, that I decided to do a blog post about it. I want to note that this isn’t a sponsored post. I just really happen to love this store and wanted to share it with my readers. Even Emily likes to shop here with me. Yes, my toddler likes coming here and is generally behaved on each trip. If you want to know how this happens, read on!
In no particular reason, here are the top 10 reasons why I like Fresh Thyme so much!
- Bulk Foods – I love shopping in the bulk foods aisle! Not only does it help save money, but I can buy exactly the amount I need. I hate when I need a small amount of an ingredient, but the package is so large I know I’d never use it all. Shopping in the bulk foods aisle allows me to buy the small amount needed, thus reducing waste and saving money at the same time! They have two large aisles with everything from organic rolled oats to chocolate covered almonds to granola.
- Free Samples – Almost any day of the week they have a large amount of free samples throughout the store. This is great when shopping with Emily because the food keeps her occupied so I can shop. It’s also really nice to be able to try some items before buying. So many times I would walk straight past an item without giving it a second thought, but if I can sample it and it’s good, there’s a good chance I’ll buy it.
- $4.99 Sushi on Thursdays – This is such a great deal, right? Kevin and I have a favorite local sushi spot, but it’s not cheap. Plus there’s little chance we’d go there with Emily right now. With this great deal, we can get 3 rolls for under $15.00. Add in some edamame and you’ve got a full meal for under $20.00, all in the comfort of our own home!
- Double Ad Wednesday – Do I really need to say more? Their sales run Wednesday-Wednesday, so on each Wednesday you get double the deals! For those of you looking to cut down on your grocery bill, make sure you get here on Wednesday for double the savings!
- Peanut Butter – You can grind your own peanut butter, almond butter, honey almond butter and cashew butter. Plus they have small cups and spoons for samples! This is how I I’m able to grocery shop with my daughter. In case we go when they aren’t having free samples throughout the store, we head straight to the peanut butter. As a matter of fact, the moment we walk through the door, Emily says “peanut butter!” Yes, she knows she is getting a treat so mommy can get all the items on her list!
- Free Kids Snacks – In case you have a child who is allergic to nuts or maybe doesn’t like peanut butter, they also have a kids snack area located in the produce section. It’s full of fruits, gummy snacks and other items that might keep your children happy while you shop.
- Soup /Salad Bar – I love their salad bar. With four different types of lettuce (Romaine, Kale, Mixed Greens and Spinach) and a full line up of fruits, veggies, meat and sometimes pasta salads, it’s one of my favorite places to grab a quick lunch. They also carry 4 different soups to choose from!
- Pre-made Meals: They have a large selection of grab-and-go items, which are perfect for lunch or dinner. Emily and I often stop here for lunch on our way home from whatever morning activity we’ve been at. I happen to love their fresh salads, especially the cranberry and walnut one. Sometimes I grab some chicken or turkey from their salad bar to make it a little more filling. Kevin loves their deli, where you can get a large selection of made-to-order sandwiches. You can also get pizza by the slice, sushi or make your own salad, as I mentioned above.
- Great Deals – I mentioned their “double ad Wednesday” above, but even if you shop on another day, you’ll get a ton of awesome deals! Sometimes I go on Wednesdays, but sometimes I don’t. I find great deals no matter what day I shop on.
- Easy in and Out – Unlike some of the larger grocery stores, I enjoy that Fresh Thyme is smaller because it means a quicker trip and ease of shopping. There aren’t big long aisles to wander down or a gigantic parking lot. I can get in and out in no time at all. No, I don’t do all of my shopping here, but I do a good portion, especially when it comes to produce.
Do you have a reason why they’re you’re favorite that I missed? I’d love for you to share it with me in the comments below!